Friday, May 21, 2010

Costa Rica or Bust!

The countdown is on!  We leave for Costa Rica in just over 2 weeks.  We'll be living there for 6 weeks, in the small town of Sámara, which is on the Guanacaste coast on the west side of the country.  I picked this town because it appears to be quaint, safe, and beautiful.  While there will be American & European tourists, it is a popular vacation spot for Ticos.  I have spent many months researching and making connections in Sámara.  I still feel confident this was the right choice, although only time will tell!

We will be staying in a little 2 bedroom villa with a pool, just a block from the beach.  I have gotten the okay to enroll Genevieve and Dane in the local school.  I have purchased most of what they will need for their uniforms, and will pick up the rest in Nicoya on the way.

Here is an aerial view of the town.


No comments:

Post a Comment